[Discuss] Surge Protection

jbk jbk at kjkelra.com
Sun Jun 3 19:47:52 EDT 2018

On 06/03/2018 07:31 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

> jbk said "die". If he meant permanently destroyed, I think a better
> surge protector *would* have helped, as perhaps there was a spike that
> rode along with the outage. If he meant the computers turned off, then
> yes, nothing short of a UPS would help that. I use a UPS, and it keeps
> me working through an average of I'd say 3 brief outages per month.
>
> SteveT
Yep, I meant die. I replaced two power supplies along with
buying an APC ups. I have two now, the other I was using
just for my phone. The computer sharing my phone I'm going
to have cascade to critical at 90% remaining because I want
to prolong the phone service, the backup server can cease
operations immediately.

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
jbk at kjkelra.com