[Discuss] Ubuntu Install Question

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Mon Nov 19 08:47:44 EST 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 9:58 PM Ivan Klimov <iklimov87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Linux Group,
>
> Background:
> Friend of mine upgraded PC with new motherboard and RAM some time ago and
> could not install Ubuntu due to some conflicts with hardware.
>
> I am just about to buy a laptop with the following spec. Do you see any
> problems/conflicts  installing Ubuntu on this machine as dual boot ?

You could compare details of your hardware with the official "certified"
hardware for Ubuntu desktops listed at
https://certification.ubuntu.com/certification/

> Is
> there a way to check it beforehand ?

If you can put a LIVE CD into the product, you can boot it without
installing Ubuntu.  However, I'll assume you don't have physical access to
the machine (ie. buying online).

HTH. Some others on the list have more experience with installations, so
perhaps they'll offer advice too.

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com <https://equality-tech.com/>
https://freephile.org