[Discuss] Ubuntu Install Question

Ivan Klimov iklimov87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 22:33:50 EST 2018

Eric and Greg,

Many thanks for your reply.

I went to Microcenter and grabbed $1000 machine with 6 cores (12 threads)
16 Gb RAM SSD -- awesome specs for the money.
If someone shops for a laptop, it is good time now.

Now, I need to install Linux. The machine has 1 TB + 256 SSD (with Win10).
Any recommendations on how to prepare for Ubuntu install ? How to divide
HD/SSD, etc.?  I would like to make it dual-boot.

FYI.
I clarified with my colleague and compatibility problem was with the
motherboard - not the chip itself. Let's hope that this machine will not
have the same issue.

Best,
Ivan