[Discuss] Want a working HP laser printer?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Nov 21 14:37:30 EST 2018

I bought a new printer because I need a better scanner, one that will
e-mail scans, and not force me to plug in USB cable and fire up XSane.

But my old HP Laserjet 3055 still works! Free to some lucky person
needing a B&W laser postscript printer.

Features:

  - Ethernet

  - Postscript

  - Works with Linux

  - takes non-HP toner cartridges to save money

  - fax

  - sheet feeder

Flaws:

  - Some noise in prints, maybe cleaning something a roller somewhere
would fix that.

  - Scanner mechanism isn't always happy with its startup routine; after
I hear the unhappy noises stop I powercycle and the next time it usually
works; and I mostly don't turn it off so I don't need to do it often.

Anyone want a printer?

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who would rather not put it in the trash.