[Discuss] Backing up evernote

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:13:13 EST 2018

My collection of notes on evernote originates from my original palm pilot.
At some point I was able to convert the notes using outlook on a work
computer about 10 years ago. At the time evernote solved my problem in that
it was available on the web on Linux andas an android app. I long ago
stopped using windows. Unfortunately the web version does not support
export, but I have a windows VM and I could export to text files on Dropbox
or docs on Google drive. While most of my notes are text, I have many that
have embedded links and pictures, so Google docs would be better here. But,
I routinely use search.

My main concern with evernote is the rumors it may go out of business. So,
I have two desires
1. Backup on my system (or Dropbox or drive) to preserve the notes.
2. Viable replacement for evernote that supports Android and Linux.

Sent from Galaxy S9+

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
http://www.blu.org
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
PGP Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7