[Discuss] full disk backups

Timothy Lyons lyons at geekcq.com
Mon Aug 19 10:00:52 EDT 2019

Sorry if I'm jumping into this late but I'd be remiss if I didn't throw restic into the mix.
Simple, SECURE and flexible backups with multiple target options (local, cloud, etc).  Fully configurable as to retention.
I run it as a userland systemd scheduled job on my systems, backing up locally and to the cloud with different retention policies for each repository.

Great article I wish existed when I was hacking this together 😉 https://fedoramagazine.org/automate-backups-with-restic-and-systemd/

Project website:https://restic.net/

Design & Security information: https://restic.readthedocs.io/en/latest/100_references.html

Kindest Regards,
--Tim

---

Timothy M. Lyons, CISSP

lyons at geekcq.com

+1-978-309-9595

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.