[Discuss] fc30 keyboard issues

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Sun Aug 25 14:12:17 EDT 2019

david writes:

> On 8/25/19 12:41 PM, dan moylan wrote:
>> i just installed fc30 on a lenevo T430 thinkpad and am experiencing
>> odd keyboard issues:
>>
>>    - in a terminal window, whenever "enter" is pressed, the window loses focus
>>    - numerous keys produce two-character outputs, e.g:
>>       c: c3
>>       m: m7
>>       v: v4
>>       1: z1
>>
>> any suggestions as to what's going on and how to fix it?

> First order question: Have you tried an external keyboard (USB.
> Bluetooth) to see if the same things happen? That would be telling.

i have now, and no, the problems do not persist.  it would be an
ugly solution, however.

> Do you have xbindkeys installed?

i have now -- checked the man pages and it looks complicated, nor
is it obvious to me how it might solve the issues.

> Have you looked at the "Shortcuts" (key bindings, dunno what Fedora
> calls them) in the system configuration?

looking at "settings" from the dropdown in the upper right corner,
and proceeding to keyboard shortcuts, i didn't see anything amiss,
though there might be and i didn't notice it.

ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave
brookline, ma 02446-6202