[Discuss] Not Able to Access Fedoraforum Within Home Comcast Network

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Wed Dec 4 19:56:08 EST 2019

Dan Ritter wrote:
> jbk wrote:
> > On 12/4/19 5:15 AM, Steven Santos wrote:
> > > try a different dns.
> > >
> > > It was unreachable with the comcast dns.
> > >
> > > Works fine with 8.8.8.8 and opendns
> >
> > Changing dns server has not succeeded yet. How long should I expect to wait
> > before new server provides results?
>
> 60 seconds, max.

207.210.201.125 is the IP I resolved.

It appears to be a cPanel controlled virtual server, owned by
Endurance, which, interestingly, has offices in Burlington and
Waltham. Oh -- they're the corporate parent of Constant Contact,
Hostgator, Sitebuilder, and a bunch of others.

The connectivity is via Cogent, and that might or might not be
the issue: Cogent has a history of getting into spats with other
major ISPs; it wouldn't be too surprising if there was a game of
one-upsmanship going on between Comcast and Cogent. But I don't
know, I'm just speculating.

-dsr-