[Discuss] Not Able to Access Fedoraforum Within Home Comcast Network

jbk jbk at kjkelra.com
Wed Dec 4 20:47:54 EST 2019

On 12/4/19 7:56 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Dan Ritter wrote:
>> jbk wrote:

>>> Changing dns server has not succeeded yet. How long should I expect to wait
>>> before new server provides results?
>> 60 seconds, max.
> 207.210.201.125 is the IP I resolved.
>
> It appears to be a cPanel controlled virtual server, owned by
> Endurance, which, interestingly, has offices in Burlington and
> Waltham. Oh -- they're the corporate parent of Constant Contact,
> Hostgator, Sitebuilder, and a bunch of others.
>
> The connectivity is via Cogent, and that might or might not be
> the issue: Cogent has a history of getting into spats with other
> major ISPs; it wouldn't be too surprising if there was a game of
> one-upsmanship going on between Comcast and Cogent. But I don't
> know, I'm just speculating.
>
> -dsr-

That ip agrees with what I found. The thing is I can access
Fedoraforum at work through a comcast modem with no trouble.
I've tried the google dns and opendns without success so far.

Is there any possibility that my dd-wrt router could be
blocking a single address w/o me actively blocking a
particular site? Since I'm bridged that is the direction the
finger is going to point when comcasts tech comes so I'd
really like to nip that in the bud.

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
jbk at kjkelra.com