[Discuss] Cloud backup

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Sat Dec 14 13:21:37 EST 2019

On December 14, 2019, Jerry Feldman wrote:

>I'm thinking of backing up the most recent snapshot to either Dropbox
>or Google.

I use linode.com. It's $5/month for a full-blown Linux VM with root
access, your choice of distro, and 25GB of disk, and you can add
network-attached storage for $1 per 10 GB per month. Very happy
customer for years.

>The advantage of Dropbox is that it supports Linux so I
>could either tar or cp or rsync to a folder in my local Dropbox
>directory...

I use rsync through SSH to linode. I don't need auto-sync but I expect
there are standard Linux solutions out there...

Good luck!

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com