[Discuss] Backups

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 11:31:19 EST 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 23:14:05 -0800
Rich Braun <richb at pioneer.ci.net> wrote:

> Few of us feel the need for it, but a lot of the backup tools provide
> AES encryption. If you’re paranoid, some of them (like CrashPlan or
> Duplicati) allow you to keep retain sole copies of the keys (others
> escrow the keys on cloud servers).

I think you missed the point so I will rephrase the question: does your
backup protect you in the event that your service provider of choice is
rendered permanently inaccessible? Examples include but are not limited
to the Megaupload data center seizure and Crashplan dropping consumer
services.

--
Rich Pieri