[Discuss] mouse behavior

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Sun Feb 24 12:50:55 EST 2019

Laura Conrad wrote:

> Last fall I upgraded both my laptop and my desktop to ubuntu 18.4
> (actually Mint) from ubuntu 16.4.  In both cases I'm using xfce as my
> desktop environment.
>
> Ever since, I have no idea what using my mouse is going to actually do.
> The specific problems are:
>
>     When I move a window by dragging with the left button in the title
>     bar, often instead of just moving the window, it puts the window
>     into full-screen mode.

This is the expected behavior when you drag a window to the top
of the screen.

In XFCE Settings, Window Manager, Advanced:
uncheck Windows Snapping to Screen Borders
and
go to Wrap Workspaces When Reaching Screen Edge
and either unclick With A Dragged Window
or reduce Edge Resistance to a very small value.

You may also get a good result with Window Manager Tweaks:
Accessibility, unclick Automatically tile windows when moving
toward screen edge.

-dsr-