[Discuss] Application config files

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:32:51 EDT 2019

I have an application that I wrote where I am using a .ini style file for
config. I chose that as an afterthought but maybe JSON, YAML, or TOML might
be better formats. I set it up that way because I thought my target
audience might be more familiar with .ini. Right now the code has no
capability to save the preferences, but that should be an option, so a more
Linuxish config file might be better. I'm personally very comfortable with
both YAML and JSON. Opinions? (My code is Python3/GTK3).

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7