[Discuss] Trying to install Tor on Fedora

Nancy Allison nancythewriter7 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 21:27:05 EDT 2019

Thank you so much for this informative answer, Mike!

I foolhardily went ahead and did manage to run the installation file --
after John Abreau kindly helped me out and explained, among other things,
that Nautilus won't run an executable like the Tor starter file. When I
opened Gladiator or Warrior or Conquistador -- sorry, I don't have it in
front of me and Im forgetting the name -- another file manager, anyway --
and double-clicked the file, it RAN. Hallelujah! So now I have Tor!!!  For
a while, it kept wanting to download itself again but I hope that's over.
I'm kind of scared to reboot and see if it keeps doing that but tomorrow is
another day!

I will read over the rest of your email and definitely follow the PGP
steps, I want to understand that better.

Thank you again. Your helpfulness and John's and Rich's have been so
generous, I really appreciate it.

--Nancy