[Discuss] Keysigning Party Signup Problems

Alex Pennace alex at pennace.org
Tue Sep 17 18:29:39 EDT 2019

I have been unsuccessful in registering my key (C15F0596) for the keysigning
party tomorrow, apparently because the subkeys.pgp.net servers are down.

Every attempt to register via http://blu.org/keysignings/keypartyregister.php
returns an error:

   C15F0596 NOT registered; gpg returned 2

The keysigning registration page itself states that the key must be
available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver, however, the two announcements
(http://blu.org/pipermail/announce/2019-September/000349.html and
http://blu.org/pipermail/announce/2019-September/000351.html) both say
to use subkeys.pgp.net.

I can confirm that my key is on pgp.mit.edu, and gpg on my machine has
no problem fetching it. However, it appears subkeys.pgp.net is having
issues: None of the 3 IPs listed in the A record for subkeys.pgp.net
are responsive on port 11371.

Can we switch the signup script back to using pgp.mit.edu as a
keyserver? Or is there anything else we can do?
Alex Pennace, alex at pennace.org