[Discuss] rms

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Sun Sep 22 13:09:17 EDT 2019

Kent Borg wrote:

> I only remember Pat Townson, so I think it is a pretty good
> guess that he was the first moderator.

Jsol (Jon Solomon) is yet another of my long-ago housemates. We first knew one another at Stevens Tech, before he dropped out to take a staff job at Rutgers. (His overly-long stay as guest at the apartment in Cambridge in 1983 contributed to the departure of RMS and one of my other housemates, so he and I rented elsewhere later.) Rutgers is where the Telecom Digest was hosted circa 1982.

Sample archive link: https://iconia.com/TELECOMDigestV2.33.txt. Headers suggest it was launched (by jsol) perhaps a year earlier. But I don’t remember that history, dig through those archives to see more.

-rich