[Discuss] rms

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Sun Sep 22 20:00:56 EDT 2019

I took a brief look at the first few digests in the archive, as well as the
READ-ME-FIRST, first-test-message, and announcement files. Found the
archive at

    http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/archives/back.issues/1981-86.volumes.1-5/

JSol posted the first administrivia message to the list.

Geoff Peck (ucbvax!geoff) posted the first test message when the list was
created.

The file vol1.announcement in the 1981-86.volumes.1-5 archive folder
describes Geoff Peck as the "current {telecom,poli-sci}-link coordinator".

The file vol1.READ-ME-FIRST, dated June 13, 1999, explains that the first
few messages were taken from a telephone discussion in the Arpanet list
HUMAN NETS.

In several of the first few digests,JSol describes himself as "The
Moderator".

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6