[Discuss] RMS

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Mon Sep 23 14:33:00 EDT 2019

I didn't avoid that.  I actually said almost exactly that:

> > I can not see how, unless you suck at reading English, you can
> > interpret this any way other than

Poor reading comprehension is certainly a form of confusion.

> RMS wrote two things which appear contradictory:
>
> Epstein was a serial rapist.

I think he did not write this.  Or at least, I can confirm that when
*I* wrote it, it was my careless take on what someone else said he
said.  I doubt very much rms would make such a bald, imprecise
statement.  He's a bit of a windbag.

> Sexual assault presumes the application of force or violence.
>
> Huh? So if Minsky or Epstein did not apply force or violence then it
> wasn't sexual asasult or rape?

Epstein wasn't charged with sexual assault, AFAIK, so it wouldn't
apply.  He was charged with prostitution and sex trafficking.

But critically, rms never said the crime wouldn't apply.  You have
said that repeatedly in this thread, but he said nothing of the sort in
the CSAIL thread in question.  He only said that there are multiple things
that have the same name which are not the same, and the term applied
is extremely prejudicial in a way that causes people to think much
worse of someone who is accused of it.  And because of that instead
you should be more specific about the accusation.

-=-=-=-=-