[Discuss] Chrome and Flash

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Mon Sep 23 16:28:16 EDT 2019

It has been replaces by JavaScript and HTML 5 for many things. But for
making animated shorts it hasn't been replaced by anything :( What we do
now is post them as videos on YouTube, which use 10x or more as much
bandwidth and don't look as good as well done Flash vector graphics did.
(Many of the old Flash shorts SOUNDED terrible, but that's because it
didn't have any decent audio codecs in the early days. The later ones that
were done after MP3 was added to Flash were fine.)