[Discuss] Encrypt /home and allow unattended boot?

Jerry Feldman gaf at gapps.blu.org
Fri Sep 27 10:42:36 EDT 2019

I have used LUKS on my work computers for years. My laptop is also
encrypted. Since I use my laptop mainly for Blu events, I decided to
encrypt because I do have some important data, such as ssh keys. With LUKS
you enter your pass phrase on boot up. While you can encrypt single
partitions, remember that some data may still be in swap and maybe in logs.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at gapps.blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix