[Discuss] Zoom Meeting Alternatives

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:21:54 EDT 2020

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:52 PM Shirley Márquez Dúlcey <mark at buttery.org>
wrote:

> Scaling up Brady Bunch mode to a huge number of people may or may not be
> generally desirable for attendees. But it's essential for MODERATORS
> because they have to watch all the video feeds to check for inappropriate
> content. In a closed conference it might not be a big deal, but in a public
> one you have to watch for people holding up hate speech signs or getting
> naked.

OMG, yet another reason people shouldn't want 100 or 1000 people in Brady
Bunch mode or even in thumbnail gallery all video streaming ...

(I won't say who or which month but someone may wish they'd turned their
camera OFF before falling asleep during the BLU meeting earlier this year
!  I thought i'd screen-cap'd for later (ab)use but maybe i didn't ... )