[Discuss] System/Root Icons on MATE desktop after login

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Aug 26 19:13:37 EDT 2020

On 8/26/20 1:47 PM, epp at mcom.com wrote:
> (re-posting for clarification)

I'm still confused.

You talk about logging in, logging out, "rebooting after a kernel
upgrade", and "turn on the system the next day".

I admit I don't have any good guesses as to why these icons are
appearing or disappearing, but I'm really confused as to when you see
them and when you don't.

For example, what does "turn on the system" mean? I didn't see anything
about your shutting it down. How did it get off?

You say "rebooting after a kernel upgrade", does the kernel upgrade have
anything to do with it? What happens if you reboot when you don't have a
kernel upgrade?

What

-kb