[Discuss] Using thunderbird for sending gmail

Randy Cole randyokc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:56:15 EDT 2020

I also need to download all my gmail emails as I am bumping quota
constantly (since I am a pack rat) and cannot get it configured to work!
Used to use Eudora with gmail IMAP4 & it worked swell, but that has all
been obsoleted.  Preference is to store stuff in non-proprietary format,
download all attachments, and retain folder structure and original mailbox
header (as i forward my spam to my main email).  I think I most recently
tried getmail with no joy.