[Discuss] Facebook games on linux

Matthew Gillen me at mattgillen.net
Tue Dec 15 13:05:42 EST 2020

On 12/15/2020 12:45 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Thanks Matt,
> What she didn't tell me is that her game will no longer be played on
> facebook, it is not a Windows Executable, so that changes the game.

Ah, I see.  Looks like development stopped on GNASH
(https://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/) about 10 years ago, so it's
unlikely that it would be helpful for your situation.

Still, if it's still browser based, it probably wouldn't be any harder
to get the old plugin working on linux firefox/chrome compared to
windows firefox/chrome.  If it's not browser based, then you're probably
out of luck.

That said, there is a right answer for porting these (even stand-alone)
things to HTML5: make an Electron based cross-platform app
https://www.electronjs.org/
(this is what the Jitsi people did for their "Jitsi app").

Matt