[Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 110, Issue 12

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Sat Jul 25 12:12:59 EDT 2020

Jabr does this:

> [I run] Windows in a KVM/qemu VM on a separate CentOS rackmount server

Last year I built a new Windows 10 VM to replace the Win 7 VM I’d used for things like tax software for the last couple decades. (I use Virtualbox rather than kvm, running on one of my fileservers.) These days Microsoft seems to have more or less given up trying to collect license fees for OS software: I just downloaded, installed, and activated the ISO. There have been horrendous bugs up until the most recent Win 10 update, but now it all seems to work fine.

-rich