[Discuss] Netgear ReadyShare

Jerry Natowitz j.natowitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:53:54 EDT 2020

I've submitted this twice without seeing it posted.  Perhaps I should
have been more specific, the Netgear V6300V2 router is Linux based, so
this is a Linux compatibility issue.

I have a Netgear V6300V2 router that I am trying to use a small file
server in addition to as Wifi router.  The problem is that when I am on
Windows 10 (unfortunately) and I edit a particular Excel file (.xlsx),
the file gets corrupted.  I don't have the same problem with that file
on a local drive, or editing it with LibreOffice on Linux.  After
getting the corruption, I can copy a fresh file over from Windows and
once again, Linux is okay, Windows corrupts.  After that, the next fresh
copy is corrupt on arrival.

I've seen this with several different flash drives, all formatted
FAT32.  ExFAT isn't supported, and I haven't tried NTFS yet.  I could
also try EXT4.  Any ideas on why this is happening?

--
	Jerry Natowitz
===>    j.natowitz (at) gmail.com