[Discuss] Netgear ReadyShare

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:14:49 EDT 2020

Jerry,
First, we have seen this post. Sometimes you won't see your own posts. Go
to the archives http://blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2020-June/thread.html

So as I understand it you are writing to a flash drive connected to the
router. Could it be that the flash drive was removed before the file was
fully written. Should not matter if the flash drive is FAT32 or NTFS. Could
be simply a timing issue.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:56 AM Jerry Natowitz <j.natowitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've submitted this twice without seeing it posted.  Perhaps I should
> have been more specific, the Netgear V6300V2 router is Linux based, so
> this is a Linux compatibility issue.
>

> I have a Netgear V6300V2 router that I am trying to use a small file
> server in addition to as Wifi router.  The problem is that when I am on
> Windows 10 (unfortunately) and I edit a particular Excel file (.xlsx),
> the file gets corrupted.  I don't have the same problem with that file
> on a local drive, or editing it with LibreOffice on Linux.  After
> getting the corruption, I can copy a fresh file over from Windows and
> once again, Linux is okay, Windows corrupts.  After that, the next fresh
> copy is corrupt on arrival.
>

> I've seen this with several different flash drives, all formatted
> FAT32.  ExFAT isn't supported, and I haven't tried NTFS yet.  I could
> also try EXT4.  Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> --
>         Jerry Natowitz
> ===>    j.natowitz (at) gmail.com

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7