[Discuss] FOSS Experts and Consultants directory

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Fri Mar 13 13:26:06 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I've been working on a prototype at
https://wiki.freephile.org/wiki/Local_experts where I've begun to list
local companies/consultants that *primarily* are engaged in sales, service,
and development of Free Software / Open Source Software based products and
services.  The primary feature of the directory is a map-based display.

If you represent one of these organizations, *I invite you to add your
company to the directory*. It's free.  (You do need a Google Account to
edit.)  The site, a personal project of mine, is not ad-based. I do not
sell, share or transfer information to other parties. I'm simply
demonstrating the utility and power of my 'QualityBox' platform which is
based on MediaWiki.

Individual listings are quite simple. Here's mine
<https://wiki.freephile.org/w/index.php?title=EQuality_Technology&action=formedit>
which
looks like this <https://wiki.freephile.org/wiki/EQuality_Technology>.

I expect the directory to become even more useful and engaging as I work
through implementation details like adding logos and details (services
offered, competencies etc.).  I expect to implement schema.org vocabularies
to make the system both robust and standardized. Collaborators are welcome
to join me in this effort.

Yours sincerely,

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com