[Discuss] OT: Kids needing computers

Stephen Ronan sronan at panix.com
Mon Mar 23 10:16:31 EDT 2020

I just got a call from a family in Dorchester with a kid whose
school has moved to online activities. They have Internet but no
computer for the kid to use...

Any of y'all have unused, unwanted functioning computers that you
may wish to donate in such circumstances? If so I may be able to
find homes for some of 'em. I have some extra monitors, keyboards
and mice... And am able to install an OS, but don't have much in
the way of working CPUs.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that families eligible for
government assistance programs such as free or reduced price
school lunches, Medicaid or SNAP are eligible for $9.95/month
Internet via Comcast's Internet Essentials program:
https://internetessentials.org/

- Stephen Ronan
   Roxbury, MA