[Discuss] Please help with a question about Bash timeout intervals

E. William Horne malassimilation at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:44:31 EDT 2020

Thanks for reading this.

I am (still) the Moderator of The Telecom Digest.
<http://telecom-digest.org/> I use a virtual server at M.I.T., to
evaluate and approve posts for the Digest.

The work requires frequent visits to various web sites, and searches to
obtain more information. Because of that, I often find that my ssh
session has timed out, and that I must login again to continue working.

Please tell me about the timeout intervals which are customary in Ubuntu
Linux, in Bash, and in ssh: I need to extend them.

Thanks you in advance.

Bill Horne