[Discuss] OT - Mail Server Speeds

epp at mcom.com epp at mcom.com
Sat Oct 3 10:43:18 EDT 2020

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 08:16:42 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr at randomstring.org> wrote:

> On the other hand, the timing of an IMAP login is probably a
> good early diagnostic measure. Script up an expect script
> around
>
> openssl s_client -connect imap.verizon.com:993

The e-mail app I use here, has a Network Log option (window). In
selecting the Inbox folder of an account just now (although after it
previously logged in), the time it took from the point where I opened
the folder, then indicated there was one new e-mail, then to the
point where it showed 'completed', took five seconds.