[Discuss] Trello on Chrome?

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Thu Oct 8 12:48:58 EDT 2020

Anybody using Trello (trello.com) in Google Chrome on Linux? I'm
seeing the oddest behavior. If I leave Trello open in a Chrome tab for
a while (say, 24 hours), then Trello starts injecting content into the
Linux clipboard.

Specifically, when I simply pass my mouse over any Trello card (no
clicking), the URL of the card immediately overwrites the X primary
selection. That is, a URL like:

  https://trello.com/c/abcdefg/000-pick-up-the-groceries

becomes the value of the X primary selection.

I reported the behavior to Atlassian but wondered if anyone else is
encountering it. It doesn't happen in Firefox.

I'm running KDE/Plasma on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com