[Discuss] System receiving incorrect IP address

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:19:30 EDT 2020

IP addresses are assigned by DHCP. The DHCP server, your gateway will try
to send you the same ip address based on your Mac address. One solution is
to plug the xat5 cable into the other port on the computer as it will have
a different Mac address. In general, your Mac address is gard wired into
your network interface.

Another solution is a factory reset of your gateway.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix http://www.blu.org