[Discuss] System receiving incorrect IP address

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:49:16 EDT 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 16:09:27 -0400
<epp at mcom.com> wrote:

> The other desktop (I'll call it Desktop 2.) is not receiving the
> correct IP address. It, along with Desktop 1 were connected to a
> T-Mobile/ASUS router that was being used as a switch. Desktop 1 and

Is this device still on your network and providing DHCP services?

> Desktop 1 continues to receive the IP from the gateway, yet Desktop
> 2's network connection information continues to display an IPv4
> address that would have been assigned from the router, had it been

Verify that Desktop 2 does not have a static IP assignment somewhere.
This could be local configuration or perhaps static DHCP -- which is
not contradictory. Static DHCP means that a DHCP server always assigns
the same IP address to a specific MAC address.

--
Rich Pieri