[Discuss] System receiving incorrect IP address

epp at mcom.com epp at mcom.com
Mon Oct 12 16:58:03 EDT 2020

> What I have tried so far, without success:
>
> * dhclient -r
> * ip addr flush dev <device name>
> * dhclient <device name>
> * assigned an IP address in the gateway
> * repeated reboots of system

Also changed hostname, no luck.

Gateway subnet mask shows 255.255.255.0, same subnet showing in Network
Manager. Probably worth noting is that I unplugged the Ethernet cable
running from that desktop to the gateway, yet the gateway is displaying
that desktop is still connected to it...

The IP that I assigned to it, is apparently still in the gateway and
there is no way to delete it or the MAC address it's displaying, that I
can find.

And I have rebooted the gateway, will be doing it a second time.