[Discuss] System receiving incorrect IP address

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:12:35 EDT 2020

Go into network settings, IPV4, make sure the setting is DHCP (automatic).
as well as automatic for DNS and routes. Do the same for IPV6. I am
assuming you only have 1 network interface. And, as you mentioned, your MAC
address cannot be spoofed.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM <epp at mcom.com> wrote:

> > What I have tried so far, without success:
> >
> > * dhclient -r
> > * ip addr flush dev <device name>
> > * dhclient <device name>
> > * assigned an IP address in the gateway
> > * repeated reboots of system
>
> Also changed hostname, no luck.
>
> Gateway subnet mask shows 255.255.255.0, same subnet showing in Network
> Manager. Probably worth noting is that I unplugged the Ethernet cable
> running from that desktop to the gateway, yet the gateway is displaying
> that desktop is still connected to it...
>
> The IP that I assigned to it, is apparently still in the gateway and
> there is no way to delete it or the MAC address it's displaying, that I
> can find.
>
> And I have rebooted the gateway, will be doing it a second time.

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7