[Discuss] System receiving incorrect IP address

Dale R. Worley worley at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 21 21:47:16 EDT 2020

People have said that Mac addresses cannot be spoofed, but I've
discovered that they can be on some NICs.  Indeed, the first time I
tried it, I was surprised that it worked and even more surprised that
when I power-cycled the card, it kept the new Mac address -- so I should
have written down the original Mac address before messing with it.
IIRC, the command I used was "ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx".

Dale