[Discuss] Rsync "one file system"

jbk jbk at kjkelra.com
Sat Oct 24 10:34:22 EDT 2020

I was cloning a fedora31 system to another partition using
rsync using the -x option to restrict decent to one file
system, at least that was what I thought, but the contents
below the mount point were copied anyway.

rsync -ax bin boot data (<- mounted to separate partition)
... <destination>

So what am I not understanding?

Typically when I want to copy the top level directories I
use the command syntax:

rsync -dogp proc sys srv ...... <destination>

The mounted partition are per the rules in fstab.

So if someone can enlighten me I'd appreciate your comments

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
jbk at kjkelra.com