[Discuss] The Register: IBM, Red Hat face copyright, antitrust lawsuit from SCO Group successor Xinuos

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:50:10 EDT 2021

Some of us are old enough to remember The Santa Cruz Operation was the
preferred provider of legally licensed System III Unix or Xenix. (Before
the Caldera folks did the reverse merge taking the good name.)

We ran that on Onyx Z8000 for dev servers back when, and I had a client
with System III on a 386 with two 8xSerial cards.

Alas this story of the zombie arising yet again to eat more brainz is on
too many sites to be April Fools but it should be!