[Discuss] mobile phone preference question

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Sat Feb 20 20:01:06 EST 2021

Anybody here use a mobile phone as a daily driver that is not iOS or Android?  If yes, what do you think?

My iPhone is long in the tooth and I have no desire to try and fix it.  Use case is to be mostly used as a hot spot for my GNU/Linux laptop and iPad.  I call and text occasionally. Currently on Verizon due to location.

Not long ago I had an inexpensive Alcatel with some tiny OS that seemed to do little.  It had an FM radio and replaceable battery.  It was so luxurious I think those two features should be mandated by law.

Thanks for tips!

Eric Chadbourne