[Discuss] bluetooth

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Fri Mar 12 16:26:02 EST 2021

wrote:

> Similar here in Ubuntu.  Settings / Bluetooth.  Settings / Sound.  Seems
> to be better than it was a few years back.

yes, i went on settings to bluetooth and my little device
shows as connected.  i went on settings to sound and the
only sound output shown is "speakers -- built in audio", and
that's where the sound comes out.  i have no idea how to
connect to the device rather than the built in speakers.

wrote:

> Additionally you can control Pulse Audio from the command
> line using the 'pacmd' command. I know Dan sometimes prefers
> the command line.

i do, when i know what i'm doing.

# hcitool scan
#   Scanning ...
#         EB:06:EF:29:5D:1B       Esinkin BT Adapter
#         5C:41:5A:5B:CC:B3       michael's Fire

haven't yet figured how to use pacmd or pactl to achieve the
connection.

ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave