[Discuss] Virt-Manager

Edward epp at sillydog.org
Wed Oct 20 15:15:53 EDT 2021

Virt-manager created it as a .qcrow2 by default, did not know what that
was. There was also an indication that 'the KVM package' was not
installed and as a result, it would run slowly. I would have expected
the installation of virt-manager to also pull in all required
dependencies. Debian does not provide a package named 'kvm' and
searching using that string under Description & Name with Synaptic,
found no such packages that looked like it would install KVM.

I believe the file system it is using, is ext4.