[Discuss] Aptitude Test or Family Feud?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:56:58 EDT 2021

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 13:47:49 -0400
Ethan Schwartz <ethanms at bu.edu> wrote:

> The ranked value answers _are_ logical because you get a higher
> benefit for knowing the grossly obvious stuff: London is capital of
> England, New York is NOT capital of France... and you receive less of
> a benefit (or deduction) if you answer incorrectly something more
> obscure like Malta or Antarctica.

Unless you happen to live in Malta where I would expect Valletta being
your capital to be of greatest relevance to you, and whether or not New
York is the capital of the US is pointless trivia.

What is grossly obvious to you might be entirely obscure to someone
else.

Family Feud? Nope. More like Trivial Pursuit.

I dunnow, though. Maybe they're looking for people who are good at
Trivial Pursuit. If this is the case then it's a "perfect" test. :)

--