[Discuss] Aptitude Test or Family Feud?

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at icloud.com
Tue Oct 26 19:26:15 EDT 2021

Interesting Shirley about the adaptive test.  That makes sense.+1 to Kent.  While I'm no educator, merely a server wrestler, but my gut says this particular test does not reward troublemakers.  I definitely do not fit in.  Tests give me anxiety regardless of how easy or insipid it is.It was a full time job at Rochester University.  IAM admin.  They're still looking I believe.Eric COn Oct 26, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:On 10/26/21 1:42 PM, Shirley Márquez Dúlcey wrote:That's bizarre. It's kind of the opposite of an adaptive test, where youget more credit for knowing the difficult answers than for knowing the easyones.They are looking for people who fit in? Certainly not looking for those who gravitate to and spot boundary cases, for those people are troublemakers.For those of you who have never taken an adaptive test, it's acomputer-administered multiple choice test that gets a good idea of yourknowledge of a field with far fewer questions than a standard multiplechoice test. Basically, you get progressively more difficult questionsuntil you miss one, then a series of questions that are somewhere near thesame level as the one you missed to more accurately determine your level.I can see how the approach is efficient. But is seems it is so concentrated, there is little redundancy, that any, say, dyslexic noise in the system could drop a score a lot.Google does an early stage job interview that seems to be on the same model.-kb, the Kent who didn't get the job and knows how to hold a grudge._______________________________________________Discuss mailing listDiscuss at lists.blu.orghttp://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss