[Discuss] Aptitude Test or Family Feud?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:01:41 EDT 2021

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:26:15 -0000
Eric Chadbourne <eric.chadbourne at icloud.com> wrote:

> Interesting Shirley about the adaptive test.  That makes sense.+1 to
> Kent.  While I'm no educator, merely a server wrestler, but my gut
> says this particular test does not reward troublemakers.  I
> definitely do not fit in.  Tests give me anxiety regardless of how
> easy or insipid it is.It was a full time job at Rochester University.

Schools can be difficult places to get hired. They typically don't want
you if you're not already in academia. This is difficult for them
because corporate pays a lot more. Qualified technical applicants are
sparse.

TBH? Don't work for a school. Inferior pay to what you'll get elsewhere
and the faculty will set you up to fail because they'd rather spend
your salary on grad students who will further their research.

--