[HH] web cams as security cameras

Shankar Viswanathan shankar.viswan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:27:24 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Ben Eisenbraun <bene at klatsch.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:49:52AM -0400, Shankar Viswanathan wrote:
>>  2. His house is on a corner lot, and there is a window in his
>> basement that has a view of the side street. Any large vehicles
>> passing by on the street during the daytime also triggers the motion
>> detect. He hasn't figured out how to stop this.
>
> Curtains.

Yeah, I think he did try putting up some curtains/blinds. I'm not sure
if he found something that lets in enough daylight to not have to keep
the lights on throughout the day. It's been a while since I last
chatted with him on this subject.

I also suggested placing the camera in some other spot to minimize
this problem, but I think he was constrained by the length of the
webcam's USB cable and the position of the SheevaPlug relative to his
router.

-Shankar