[HH] Internet connectivity watchdog timer

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Mon Oct 24 13:55:35 EDT 2011

I use a Web Power Switch from digital-dataloggers.com too.  Some
friends that are admins
at watkins.edu where they use them extensively.  The autoping does
well, but the folks
at Watkins.edu have some of their prior generation strips also and
control them from
some servers running perl scripts to do the monitoring. ... I would
rather have a cheaper
DIY solution, but the Web Power Switch is great and pretty much bullet proof.

><> ... Jack
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart... Colossians 3:23
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." —
Admiral Grace Hopper, USN
"It’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" —
Admiral Grace Hopper, USN
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate"
- Henry J. Tillman