[HH] Repairing LCD monitor

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Sat Sep 10 10:37:39 EDT 2011

Does anyone have experience to share on replacing the inverter (or
perhaps capacitors) for an LCD monitor?

My ViewSonic VS11446 22" monitor likes to go completely black very
frequently.  Apparently from what I've gathered that means the inverter
needs to be replaced (like the ballast on a fluorescent light).  I've turned
down the brightness to the lowest usable level which seems to have helped
some (making it stay lit for longer periods like 10 minutes), but I'll still
need to fix it (maybe $15) or get a new monitor (at least $150).

I've found a couple of places to get an inverter, but they don't list
ViewSonic, so if you know how to source the part aside from taking apart the
monitor?
I found the service manual
http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2011-07/11071517591695.pdf that lists  XFORMER
INVERTER TLT-1503 15/2000Ts 0.1*20/0.0 but again that doesn't seem to prod
google into giving me a retail part number.

p.s. this is my monitor:
ViewSonic Model VS11446
HFreq 65 KHZ
VFreq 60 HZ