[HH] New products at adafruit

Nuno Sucena Almeida slug at aeminium.org
Mon Apr 2 23:22:05 EDT 2012

On 04/01/2012 10:24 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
> I didn't now there were challenges in getting Bluetooth working on
> embedded systems. Let me guess...the standard is proprietary and licensed?

	There's a nice bluetooth transceiver module that provides RS232 TTL
RX/TX, easy to interface to embedded processors, like PICs , ATmegas and
such for about $6 or so. I bought a few last year from dealextreme:

<https://www.dealextreme.com/p/wireless-bluetooth-rs232-ttl-transceiver-module-80711>

	There's also some software that allows one to put a custom firmware
into these, but it uses a proprietary toolchain (although with gcc for
crosscompiling), which is more or less easy to get if you google a bit
or check the comments threads on that dealextreme product page.
	Here's someone with a homebuilt firmware programmer for the above and
nice tutorials:

<http://hackaday.com/2012/01/30/firmware-programmer-for-a-cheap-bluetooth-module/>

And some more info with another similar module:

<http://hackaday.com/2012/03/13/control-an-arduino-from-android-over-bluetooth/>

<http://www.instructables.com/id/Androino-Talk-with-an-Arduino-from-your-Android-d/>

Or just search hackaday.com for bluetooth, there's a bunch of
interesting projects.

		Cheers,
				Nuno

--