[HH] rust removal

Mark Woodward markw at mohawksoft.com
Tue Apr 24 06:26:54 EDT 2012

I used to do a lot of car work. I had a modified classic firebird. You
would get hard to find parts at the bone yard and remove the rust
easily. The thing that I would use is sodium perchlorate (oxy-clean)
dissolved in water and a battery charger for electrolytic rust removal.
It was amazing, connect the electrodes, drop a part into a bucket of
solution, and in a day, the rust was gone. You can google for the exact
ratios and stuff.

I imagine you could construct a recirculating continuous stream system
with a water pump and a tray big enough to catch the return solution for
objects bigger than can be easily submerged.